It is essential to chalk out a suitable financial plan even when you are having several options to manage your own business on daily basis. Financial planning is quite essential if you want to run business on high profit margin. Your business cannot survive without it for a long period of time. There are many reasons why it is essential to frame an ideal financial plan while starting any business and these mainly include the following:
- A suitable financial plan can allow your business in preventing excess outflow of money in the market and helps in actual revenue estimation. You can even get into home based business opportunities like the ACN Compensation Plan and plan out the finances based on their compensation plan.
- Proper financial planning can also help you to deal with the miscellaneous expenditures and fixing the salaries of your office staffs. It can also help you to determine on how much amount you can allocate for training of the staffs.
- You can easily set the long term goals of your business on the basis of this financial plan. Not only this, you can get an advance idea on which market you can focus for maximizing your profit margin. Apart from, that you can easily comprehend the future investment areas for ensuring growth and expansion of your business.
- Without a proper financial plan, it will be quite difficult for you to find sponsors and lenders for your newly started business. They will not have confidence to lend you money if they do not get an advance update on how you will repay their money.
- Chalking of a financial strategy can enable you to prioritize the areas of spending for the overall growth of the business. A proper planning can easily help you to determine which areas require maximum and immediate spending and which areas require minimum and later spending.
This is going to be a brief article about estimating the number of customers you can get!
First there is the top down approach, which is probably the most commonly used method of estimation. You start from the whole market and breaking it down from there. For example, if you wanted to size the number of people who would visit your restaurant, you’d start by sizing the entire county that you live in, figuring out how often people wish to eat your food, then figure out how often they will travel to your restaurant. Easy enough?
Then there’s the bottom up approach. Slightly more complex, this just means you do things the other way around. You interview individual customers on their preferences, and take it to the next steps from there.
In practice, professionals use averages that is using a bottom up and top down approach, then dividing by the appropriate numbers to get a better estimate, much better than whatever you’ll arrive to on your own.
Welcome to ICCA! We are dedicated to bringing you the biggest and best tips on building a small business. In our first article here, we’re going to talk about writing your own business plan. Should you need one or not? That is the question.
Well, for starters, you don’t always NEED a business plan to be a successful business owner. You can pretty much get there on your own. There are plenty of things you can do without one. However, for absolutely maximum clarity on what you want to do, why you want to do it and how you are going to get there, having a plan is always a good idea.
Business plans also help investors know that you are on the right track to do the things you said you would do. Sadly, this is not always obvious. I want people to all write a business plan, no matter how brief and how terrible you might think it is, and honestly they probably are half the time, it gives you clarity on how to focus and do the right things.
Let’s start with the basic structure of one. First of all, you need a market analysis. Find out why it is actually a good idea to start your brand new restaurant or brand new shop. For example, if you are a brand new Asian food restaurant owner, you might want to figure out who on earth would be interested in buying your food to begin with. This is not necessarily an easy question to answer, there are lots of times you have no idea, but there are some ways you can find out quite easily. For instance, the best way to figure it out is to poll customers and do surveys. That’s really it – they will tell you for themselves if they think what you have to offer is a good idea or not.
Another tip I can give you before sinking thousands of dollars into a brand new business, is to figure out if your food is any good, am I right? Hence, things like beta testing would be important. If you’re a restaurant, maybe set up a food stall and see if people like your free samples. If you’re a shop, maybe figure out what do people actually want to buy first?
This post is getting a little long winded, so I’ll continue giving you tips and hints next time. See you soon.